If you are thinking about making cannabis edibles, you should know that the key ingredient that will make your recipe special is cannabutter. You may go to the nearest dispensary and buy it there, or you can make it on your own enjoying the whole process!
How to decarb your weed?
Your edibles can have some “greenish” or bitter taste due to the terpenes in the plant. That is why you need to decarb the plant material. More than that, it is a necessary step for making your final product really potent. There is nothing complicated in the decarboxylating process: you need to heat your buds on a cookie sheet in the preheated oven for half an hour at 121 degree Celsius. A higher temperature will simply destroy the THC, that is why you need to be extremely careful. Heating the buds at a low temperature changes the molecular structure of weed so that our bodies can easily absorb the components. Take into account that the majority of ovens have the so-called “hot spots.” To save your buds from getting burnt, check on them every 15 minutes. You may also shuffle them around the cookie sheet or just turn the sheet 180 degrees. Wait until your buds become brown and crisp and turn the oven off. Let the plant matter cool down a bit and gently grind it with your hands.
How to make cannabutter?
There is no mystery in making pot butter as it is just like making infused nut oil. Follow these five steps and remember that you are the only boss in the kitchen.
- Melt one stick of butter (½ cup) in a saucepan.
- Add the buds that you have ground with your hands to the liquid butter. Do it gradually, stirring the mixture all the time.
- Simmer the mixture on low heat for 45 minutes. Do not forget to stir it. You will see small bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Strain the mixture into a container (it is better to use a metal one).
- Make sure you squeeze out all of the cannabutter.
The finished product will have a slightly green color. Now you have everything you need to make your favorite delicious brownies, or pizza, or even chicken with a cannabis-infused sauce. Enjoy!