The sugar cookies we are going to talk about have a long and rich history that starts in the mid-1700s. Created by the German Protestants in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, these crumbly and buttery cookies were in great demand. Originally, the sugar goodies were known as Nazareth cookies. They gained popularity due to their sweetness and simplicity. Today, sugar cookies can be bought at a store or cooked at home using just a few essential ingredients. The recipe is so simple that it is possible to modify it for more usefulness.
One of the ways is to add marijuana-infused butter, also known as cannabutter, in the recipe instead of the butter you usually use. Baking sugar cookies with cannabutter is one of the simplest ways to reap the benefits of marijuana for your health and learn how to make edibles with weed. People who suffer from chronic pain prefer medical marijuana edibles as they produce longer-lasting effects. In fact, it means that they have to consume less weed. We have prepared a guide about how to add weed into our Nazareth cookies in the easiest way.
Ingredients (for 24 cookies)
2 ½ cups flour (additional ½ cup for rolling)
1 cup sugar
1 cup marijuana-infused butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
Frosting (can be substituted for ready-made frosting):
2 cups sugar
¼ cup cooking fat
2 ½ tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoons cannabutter
a few drops of food coloring
1. Combine eggs, sugar, cannabutter, and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture slowly, stirring it until you get an even substance with no lumps.
4. Wrap the bowl with food wrap and leave it for one hour in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Roll the dough. Use cutters to shape the cookies.
7. Place cookies on a baking sheet. Bake for less than 15 minutes.
8. Take the cookies out of the oven and cool them before frosting.
9. Make the frosting by combining all the ingredients. Note: the potency depends on the amount of cannabutter you add.
10. Use a spreader or a usual knife to spread the frosting all over the cookies.